01 September 2012

A Nomination

So while I was on vacation the lovely Allyson at (so not) Super Runner Mom nominated my blog for an award -actually 2, the Versatile Blogger Award and the Liebster Award but I am just going to follow the rules for the Liebster.  Thanks for thinking of me Allyson!

The Liebster Blog award asks the blogger to do the following:
1. Answer 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Write 11 questions for the blogs you nominate.
So here goes nothing- the answers to Allyson's questions!

1. What is the oldest piece of clothing in your wardrobe (that you actually wear)?
Probably a khaki skirt that I wear to work from Old Navy.  It is cargo style and I bought it about 8 or 9 years ago but I love it.  Sadly it is starting to wear on the back pockets so this is probably my last summer with it.

2. What is your favorite drink?
Well, lately my favorite is really cold, pure tasting water since I am not supposed to be drinking my calories.  But I really love iced coffee without sweetener and a splash of milk.

3. What's your favorite race distance?
I love half marathons!  It is the perfect distance for me

4. If you could give your teenage self just one piece of advice, what would it be?
Start running!!!  I wish that I had started running in my younger years, but I guess starting at age 32 is better than nothing :)

5. What did you study/major in college?
I double majored at Central Washington University in 4 years, graduating in 2000.  I have BA's in Psychology and Family and Consumer Studies intending to get my master's and become a family therapist.  Halfway through my 4th year I changed my mind but finished my degree's anyways.  Some day I will go back and get a degree I will actually use!

6. Cilantro - love or hate? (I've determined that there is no in between on this issue)
LOVE it, especially in homemade guacamole. 

7. Brandon or Dylan? (Inspired by the Old Navy commercials)
OMG, Dylan all the way!  I had the biggest crush on him forever.  Hmmm...maybe I still do!

8. Have you ever run a relay? If yes, which one? If no, why not?
I have ran the Ragnar Northwest Passage for the last two years as well as the Rainier to Ruston relay last June.  I have been invited to do the Spokane to Sandpoint relay on an all girl ultra team next year- not sure I am quite ready for that but I am tempted!!!

9. How did you celebrate your 21st birthday?
Oh dear.  My roommate and I turned 21 about a week apart in college so we went out together in Ellensburg and our friends fed us drinks all night.  After my friend bought me a prairie fire (tequila and tobasco) I couldn't drink tequila for years.  I got a C on my statistics test the next day, I don't think my professor was too impressed.

10. What movie(s) could you watch over and over again?
I don't watch movies too often.  Lame I know, but I love oldies like Goonies, Dirty Dancing, the Breakfast Club or romantic comedies like How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days or The Notebook.  I have watched the Twilight movies a lot.  Oh, and Elf.  I could watch that one over and over again for sure! 

11. How often do you update your blog?

Sometimes frequently.  Sometimes not very often at all.  Pretty much when I have time and something to talk about! 

And my 11 random things:

1.  I worked at a daycare while I was in High School and the kids all called me TT because apparently Tiffany is a mouthful for little kids!

2.  When I was a kid I didn't like peanut butter and now I could pretty much eat it with every meal.  My mom must have been really annoyed that I didn't like it.  I should ask her.

3.  I hate shopping for clothes- like actual day to day clothes.  I am terrible at fashion and tend to just buy boring shirts and simple pants and skirts because I am not creative that way.  And I do not know how to accessorize, nor do I like to wear jewelry.  If I could live in workout/running gear all day I would be happy!

4.  My first car was a 1983 Honda Accord that my dad taught me how to drive since it was a stick shift.  I am always amazed when adults don't know how to drive a 5 speed.

5.  I was in 5th year French when I was a senior in High School.  I can still understand it a bit and would love to visit France.  Or move there.

6.  I love dark beer- porters and stouts especially.  But I can usually only drink one since they are so rich.

7.  When I am an old lady I will eat ice cream every single day.

8.  I wanted to have 4 kids so I could have a big family.  Then I had my first and she was such a pill  delight that I had to reassess.  So 2 is much more reasonable!  My grandmother is one of 10- my great grandparents were saints!!

9.  I have sold Mary Kay, Partylite and Pampered Chef.  I am not very good at running my own business, but I love to host parties!!

10.  I have 5 tattoos.  I really want to cover one of them so I have been trying to come up with a design I like. 

11.  I have been wearing glasses/contacts since I was in 7th grade and would love to have Lasik Eye surgery.  I can't even imagine what it would be like to wake up in the morning and be able to see clearly!!

I am not going to nominate 11 blogs- simply because I think most that I follow have already done this or been nominated.  And I am feeling kind of lazy.  So if you want to answer some of Allyson's questions too, leave them in a comment for me!!   

2 comments:

  1. You're a good sport, Tiffany. (The oldest item in my wardrobe is my husband's 20-year-old college sweatshirt, and I can't run a home business either.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing. Love your answers. I would so tell me high school self to start running, too.

    ReplyDelete