28 April 2012

A Pretty Good Week!

On my treadmill while the sun is shining outside.  Sigh.
Here is a little recap of my week starting with Monday's 10 mile run.  On the treadmill.  Yes, it was a beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest and I admit to running for an hour and thirty six minutes while watching Breaking Dawn inside on a machine. 


S.W.E.A.T.Y!!  Hey look it's 5:30pm and I am done running!
Why Tiffany?  Why in the world would you do that???  Well, for starters I really enjoy the Twilight series and since I had seen it already it didn't make a difference that I could barely hear it and that the TV is off to the right of the treadmill and it is hard to keep your head turned while running without losing balance.  And also because I happened to work from 8am-3pm and then had to zoom straight to pick up the kiddos and my hubby doesn't get home until 6pm.   

Proof.  10 miles in 96 minutes and 15 seconds!
I was worried I would lose my mojo if I didn't just get it done while I was in the mood, plus it enabled us to have a family dinner.  So the kids played out in the backyard while I sweat my booty off in the house- but I got it done, no excuses here!!  

Family dinnertime!
On Wednesday I wanted to get a 5 mile run in.  I was scheduled to work in the afternoon so I poked around in the morning and set out for my run around 10:30 or so.  Just in time for it to POUR down rain for my entire run!  Oh well, it was still pretty warm outside so it didn't bother me. 

I wore my fancy new running tights I bought in Boise.  I liked them!
I brought my ipod shuffle with me and about a mile down the road I could not figure out why I kept getting the same songs over and over.  I was reaching in my pocket to skip it but it wasn't helping so I stopped and pulled it out.  Sure enough only 4 songs on it!  I guess I hadn't used it since the St. Paddy race so it was my 5K play list.  Awesome, after 3.5 miles I had enough and just turned it off!!  I was soaked by the time I got home and water was dripping from the brim of my hat.

Poking around taking photos before my run.  Little did I know I was
 about to get completely
soaked while being tortured by my extremely short playlist!
Friday morning I dropped the kiddos off at school and headed straight down to the waterfront for an 8 mile run.  It was sunny.  There were black clouds in the sky.  It was windy.  I had no clue what to wear for this run!!  Was it going to be warm?  Was it going to pour?  Oh Washington and your ever changing weather.  So I opted for a skirt, tech tshirt and my Brooks jacket and hoped for the best!  I was cold in the first mile, tucking my hands up inside my jacket to keep them warm.  Then around mile 3 the sun came out and the wind stopped so I got really warm! 

4 mile pit stop for water
At the 4 mile marker I stopped for water (I can't find my handheld!) at the fountain and headed back to my car.  At mile 5 I couldn't stand it anymore and took my jacket off and tied it around my waist, I was just too warm!  At mile 7 it started raining and the wind started and I got a bit cold again.  Seriously???  But I was determined to just finish so resisted the urge to put my coat back on.  Back at my car I was taking a picture of the sky when these 2 girls jogged by and asked if I wanted my picture taken.  Of course!  Haha.  So they took my picture (its blurry not sure why) which was nice of them and we chatted for a minute and then I headed home. 

The crazy sky after my run!
Can you see my confusion about what to wear for this run???
Then last night we had our indoor coed soccer game at 8pm.  It was a fun game, no major bruises to report and the team we played was actually pretty friendly.  And we had extra girls there so I actually got to take a breather a few times!  Today I rested and tomorrow I have a softball game in the evening.  I may do some yoga afterwards depending on my energy level.  Overall- a busy and successful week for this Runner Girl!

What is your longest run on a treadmill?  Do you love it or hate it?
**My longest run ever was 12 miles, and I have done 8-10 many times.  I am not sure that I LOVE running on a treadmill, but I don't mind it and sometimes it is just easier for me. 

3 comments:

  1. 20 miles is my longest run. Don't know if I'd ever do it again but at least I can say I did it right? Hey I remember having a daily mile convo about how we were going to run side by side on the treadmill! :)

    Is that a jacket you have on in the pic with white sleeves and turquoise? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I remember you doing that 20 miler! Crazy! Yes we were going to run all day long on the treadmill, can't remember why we thought that would be fun though! It is the tough girl vest from Skirt Sports, they had it on sale so I decided to try it and I really like it!

      Delete
  2. You girls are crazy, I did 10 miles on the treadmill at the gym ONCE and that was enough. :) And soccer was fun this weekend! Don't forget to share your work-out progress, Tiffany, I am looking forward to hearing how it is going. Keep up the good work!
    -Tiana

    ReplyDelete