11 November 2011

Feeling Helpless

The Justice League after our game this evening
So I have little to report on my running this week- I ended up with a horrible cold Monday evening that lasted pretty much all week.  So no running for this girl, just a lot of sniffling and sneezing.  Yuck.  I did manage to play soccer this evening and felt pretty good- I think I can handle my 10 miler tomorrow.  Although it might be on the treadmill if this nasty weather continues! 

Bailey looking like a little pumpkin.  Sweet baby.
My little niece Bailey was born on September 19th, 2011.  She was born 6 weeks early and it was discovered after she was born that she has a heart defect called transposition of the great vessels.  You can read about it HERE if you would like.  She was transported to Seattle Children's hospital this week in order to have her surgery but due to some complications it has been canceled.  Her lungs are not strong enough to handle the surgery right now.  I feel so helpless.  My brother and his family are going through something I cannot even begin to imagine and my heart breaks for them.  I find myself dissolving into tears every time I think about that poor sweet baby fighting for her life and there is NOTHING I can do to help her.  All I can do is put my faith in her team of doctors and pray that she is going to get stronger and healthier in order to have this surgery.   

Pretty girl.  She looks a bit like her aunty don't you think???
Proud big sister Emma holding Bailey for the first time
So this has been a tough week for me.  Being sick is not fun.  Worrying about the well being of my brother, his wife, their 2 other children, my mom...not fun.  So if you are healthy- be thankful.   

No comments:

Post a Comment