01 June 2011

I'll Eat You Up

I have had this lovely song in my head for 2 days straight now, so I thought you might like to have it in yours as well!  I love Kesha, she is just super crazy and her music is fun to listen too.  The first time it came on my Pandora station (Boys Boys Boys by Lady Gaga) I nearly fell off the back of my treadmill trying to figure out what the heck this song was all about.  She was going to eat people, say what???  Then after the 3rd or 4th time, it kind of grew on me.  It's catchy and makes me laugh a little.  So I added it to my running playlist today, which I have been working on for the last week.  Which, by the way, is a daunting task.  Sorting through the 1700 plus songs in my Itunes library and deciding if a song is deemed "marathon playlist" worthy is taking me forever!!! 

I was able to run at Wright Park today for National Running Day which was pretty cool.  I did a 4 mile run- the sun was out and my energy was good so I decided to push myself.  My BFF Jaime was there getting in a jog/walk as well so it was fun to high five her a couple of times as we passed each other.  I ended up finishing in 34:35 so my pace was at 8:37- pretty good for me, especially on a trail which typically slows me a bit.  I have a 2 mile run tomorrow and that is the end of my training for the marathon!  I am really happy with the training I have done, I just hope all of my hard work pays off on Sunday!  The weather forcast is calling for some warm weather so that is going to be interesting.  I am starting to get excited!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the song, I hadn't really listened to it. It is funny, now I may have to put it on my iTunes

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you. Can't wait to support you in your FIRST of I'm sure MANY marathon runs this weekend!

    ReplyDelete