23 June 2011

Seattle RnR Half Marathon

Hi, my name is Tiffany and I am addicted to running races.  So yes, it is true-  I will be running the Seattle Rock and Roll half marathon in two days!!  This race was one that I was looking at for my first marathon but it just seemed too overwhelming to me.  There are 25,000 runners between the full and the half, and that just seemed a bit too much for me to take in while attempting my very first full marathon.  I thought it would be fun to run the half marathon, but the race filled up early and I was too unsure about how I would be feeling after running my marathon 3 weeks ago to take a chance and register.

Anyways, long story short I am going to use the race bib of somebody who actually registered for the race, then didn't train for it.  Who does that?  Apparently lots of people, take a gander at Craig's list if you don't believe me.  I know that some people are not able to run due to an injury as well, but if you want a last minute entry to the race and don't mind running under somebody else's name there is ample opportunity!  I guess this kind of thing is frowned on by the race officials, but I don't really see the harm.  I am racing in my correct age group and I am pretty sure I am not going to win any awards! 

Tomorrow morning I am heading up to the race expo to get all my awesome stuff and check out the fun gear.  I might be slightly addicted to running gear.  Ok fine.  Hi, my name is Tiffany and I am addicted to running gear and running races.  What is the harm in looking cute and sweaty at the same time? 

Then in the evening I am going to a dinner hosted by Tall Mom at The Spaghetti Factory in Tukwila.  She has organized this dinner for all of the blogger ladies who are either in the area or running the race this weekend.  I am going as Cynthia's date and I am actually a bit nervous to meet all of these fabulous ladies in real life!  I am kind of a quiet blogger- I read blogs but I don't leave a lot of comments.  I only have 19 followers (and I love you all!) although I know there are others who read and don't technically "follow"-hint, hint.  I don't participate in give aways because I don't have the patience for it.  But I do enjoy reading blogs of people who "get" running in the same way that I do. 

It's going to be a fun weekend!  And to top it all off I get to run with my long lost BRF (best running friend) Cynthia, even though she is running the full marathon.  I don't really have a goal time for this race, I just plan on giving it my all.  This will be a baseline for the many half marathons I have planned for the next few months, with the ultimate goal of running a sub 2 hour 1/2 marathon. 

I will leave you with one of my favorite sayings about running:

My sport is your sport's punishment

 

3 comments:

  1. Fun quote! You will have a great time with all those PNW bloggers. I met so many of them last September--everyone is so friendly. Enjoy the race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a follower!!!! It was awesome meeting you at dinner. Can't wait for the race report.

    ReplyDelete