30 July 2010

39,154

39,154- that is the total number of calories that my Nike+ program says I have burned while running since January 14th!  I was looking at my stats today and here is the lowdown:

Total workouts: 72
Duration: 55:08:14
Distance: 345 miles
Average pace: 9'35"/mile
Total calories:  39,154

I am slightly amused with my first run statistic- on January 14th I ran 4 miles in 45:42 and my pace was 11'25".  I can remember how hard it was to just keep running.  I was used to easily doing 45-60 minutes on the elliptical machine and just assumed that meant I could do the same on the treadmill.  Which I did, it just wasn't easy- it was actually quite difficult.  But I love a good challenge and I would never go back to the elliptical.  Running is much better- and it does things for your legs that nothing else can! 

So I tried out my new running shoes today- and I LOVE them!  I was scheduled to run 7 miles followed by 15-20 minutes of general strength training.  I knew I wanted to run on the treadmill just to make sure if the shoes didn't work I would be able to return them.  The first couple of miles I wasn't so sure about them- they felt bulky and my right foot was a little numb (I loosened the laces and that stopped right away).  Then all of a sudden they just felt good- I could have ran in them forever!  I ended up running a full extra mile- I really could have just kept going too, but I made myself stop. 

My favorite part of stretching after my run is when my son does them with me.  It started back in kickboxing class- he would come over during the sit ups and cool down and set up a mat next to me and follow along.  It is the cutest thing- he studies the exact bend of my legs and copies them.  Today he even did some push ups and sit ups with me.  He is my little muscle man- that kid is strong and if preschoolers can have six packs he is getting close!  My daughter did her "training" today as well- she ran for around 7 minutes on the treadmill.  And she had a soccer clinic tonight for goalies- she loves to play defender and her coach wants all defenders to also be able to swap in for goalie. 

Total distance:  8 miles  Total time:  1:12:30 

Today is my Friday.  My kids might not be spoiled but I am!  I am not used to working 5 days in a row but it happens sometimes.  I am working 5 in a row next week as well.  I do enjoy going to work most of the time-it is a chance to get out of the house and interact with adults.  We have a lot of regular customers who make it fun and it also helps that my coworkers are fabulous and entertaining.  So as far as work goes, I feel lucky with what I have right now.  Some day, when the kids are both in school full time, I will get a real job.  Until then, this is perfect.  Just remember- no one is in charge of your happiness except you. 

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day.  I am getting my haircut then heading to Seattle to the Storm game and out on Capital Hill to celebrate Kerry's birthday in style. You only turn 40 once!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment