20 July 2010

What time is it???

This morning I woke up at 10:40am.

Let me back up a bit.   I tend to stay up later than I should on a regular basis because I like the peace and quiet that comes along with it.  However, last night I stayed up until 1am trying to get this blogging thing all squared away.  Which took me a LOT longer than I had planned and I still do not have a clue what I am doing.  But I wanted to write something anyways so as to not leave all of my fans without something to amuse themselves with!  You are welcome.

So, at some point this morning my son crawled into bed with me and thankfully went back to sleep.  The next thing I knew I woke up and looked at my phone and HOLY COW, it was 10:40am.  That never happens, ever.  I instantly felt guilty and also a little suspicious about what my children might possibly be doing.  Well, they were coloring at the table like little angels.  Amazing.  So, I made them their favorite breakfast ever- pancakes (barf) as a little treat.  Because I knew I needed them to keep being little angels while I ran for an hour...

I was scheduled to run 6 miles on my training plan for the day, on a hilly route.  These middle of the week runs are getting tedious because I either have to take the kids to a park where they can play while I run and the other parents stare at me like I have lost my freaking mind, or run on the treadmill.  This morning was definitely going to be a treadmill day.  So off I went into my little cave and proceeded to do my "hilly" run the best I could think to do it.  I did 2 minute intervals, increasing my incline by 1 level each time.  I am happy to report I ran 2 minutes on EACH level, all the way to 10.  I did have to slow my pace down on levels 9 and 10, and increase my recovery time a bit in between levels.  Running uphill is hard!!!  By the way, my treadmill took a full 33 seconds to raise to a level 10 incline.  WHEW!  Overall a good training run. 
Total distance: 6.17 miles.  Total time: 57:44. 

Thankfully the kids were content being mellow for the day.  We had a busy weekend camping and also a full day yesterday with playdates and a trip to Ikea.  By the time I showered, did the lunch thing and cleaned the kitchen it was time to go to work.  Funny how short your day is when you SLEEP through most of it!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe you woke up at 1040!!

    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete