22 November 2010

Another Day in Paradise!

November 17th, 2010
Day 9

This morning we headed down to one of the local beaches for a swim after breakfast. We hung out for about an hour and a half. Niko refuses to go in the ocean- he just plops down and completely entertains himself the entire time by playing in the sand. Devan had an incident 2 days ago where the wave crashed on her and she went under for a second. She got disoriented and it scared her so now she is really afraid to go back in the water. But she got brave and went out in the water with us a few times today. Luckily my sunburn seems to have gone away- still loving my surf shirt!


We headed back to the condo, got cleaned up and headed downtown Lahaina to front street for some lunch at Bubba Gumps. If anyone loves shrimp as much as my daughter does I would be surprised! Lunch was really good and we had a killer view of the ocean as well. After lunch Devan and I went shopping along Front Street and the boys headed back to jump in the pool and do boy things. I wanted to check out Hilo Hatties specifically. What a great store! We wandered up and down the storefronts and enjoyed some girl time. We each got a pearl out of an oyster- mine is gold, Devan’s is much bigger and pink.


The boys came and got us after a few hours and we headed back to the condo. I did a bit of laundry and Devan and I hopped in the pool. I did my 30 minutes of lap swimming again. So to recap, today alone I went in the ocean, washed my hair, went in the pool and then washed my hair again. I guess this is crazy to me because at home I usually go a couple of days between washings (my hair tends to be dry and non greasy). It is getting a lot of attention!  And I haven't touched a hair dryer once since we arrived.

I am starting to get a little bit homesick. Until today I wanted to stay here forever and ever. I think the kids are starting to feel the same way, and they miss our dog. I dare not mention his name in front of Devan for fear she may burst into tears. Tomorrow is our last day here, and it will be a mellow one. Hard to believe it is coming to an end, but I think we will all be ready to get back to reality.  But it sure is beautiful here.

No comments:

Post a Comment