30 November 2010

Some Random Musings

So over the weekend I started realizing that my patience level was much lower than usual.  I just didn't really feel like my cheerful self and couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong with me.  I was edgy and bored yet had no motivation to really do anything.  Except cook apparently- suddenly I found myself cooking a turkey, fresh cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes (I didn't cook on Thanksgiving this year).  Then I started a huge crock pot of soup for Sunday dinner!   

Finally it dawned on me what my problem was- I hadn't worked out properly for 3 weeks!  No wonder I was grumpy, exercise makes me feel so much better in so many ways.  Luckily we had a drop in soccer clinic to go to Saturday night and I knew that Monday I would get back into my workout routine.  So that made me feel a little better. 

And today I feel tons better- soccer on Saturday night was really fun.  It was just a drop in session (coed indoor) but it was nice to kick the ball around- and my team won 3 games in a row!  Yesterday I hit the gym (in my Vibram's) and did my 20 minutes on the stair climber and then kind of went crazy and did a huge strength workout.  I made sure I included lots of stretching and abs too.  Today I went to beat boxing class, which is always a really good workout.  It is amazing how much core work is involved when you punch a bag for an hour.  So I am back in the swing of things and couldn't be happier! 

I will also incorporate some running this week in a strange way- I have been reading up on some ways to strengthen my feet before really running long distances in my VFF's.  Check back in a few days and I will let you know how it goes!  It involves carrying my shoes rather than wearing them.  I hope nobody tries to have me committed!

I also wanted to share something off of a postcard I bought in Maui that made me smile when I read it:

Maui Rules
1. Never judge a day by the weather
2.  The best things in life aren't things
3.  Tell the truth- there's less to remember
4.  Speak softly and wear a loud shirt
5.  Goals are deceptive- the unaimed arrow never misses
6.  He who dies with the most toys- still dies
7.  Age is relative- when you're over the hill, you pick up speed
8.  There are 2 ways to be rich- make more or desire less
9.  Beauty is internal- looks mean nothing
10.  No rain- no rainbows

And last but not least I have several birthdays that I missed throughout the month.  I didn't forget, just have been a little bit busy!  If you wonder why I bother doing this it is because I want the people in my life to know why they are there!  People these days forget to tell their loved ones how important they are to them.  And who doesn't want to be appreciated???  So here goes, hopefully I don't miss anyone!

Happy Birthday to Niko (October 28th).  My favorite things about him
1.  He has the best smile, and even better hugs
2.  He has the ability to figure out any video game without any explanation
3.  He is very particular.  About everything.  And stubborn- he knows exactly what he wants
4.  He is not shy and will have an elaborate conversation with anyone
5.  He is very athletic and coordinated.  And oddly strong for a 5 year old

Happy Birthday to my dad (November 1st).  My favorite things about him
1.  He is very caring, easy going and loving
2.  He can fix nearly anything
3.  He does not know how to work a computer- nor does he have any desire to
4.  He loves camping and every summer when I was a kid that was our vacation- 2 weeks of camping
5.  He has a great laugh and a good sense of humor

Happy Birthday to my friend Meredith (November 8th).  My favorite things about her
1.  She is an amazing teacher and does so much for her students
2.  She is fun to work with- Sunday mornings aren't the same without her!  And our customers love her.
3.  She is easy to talk to and willing to lend a hand or ear anytime I need it
4.  She is going to be a fantastic mom in a few months
5.  She loves animals, and was a huge help when I brought Casey home from the Humane Society

Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law Gene (November 16th).  My favorite things about him
1.  He has served our country for 21 years in the military
2.  He has a great sense of humor
3.  He is a neat freak and always keeps everything very tidy
4.  He is very smart and always taking classes to improve himself
5.  He keeps a well stocked bar and has a deep love for Coors Light and BBQ's.  And he makes the best chicken ever.

Happy Birthday to my friend Scott (November 30th).  My favorite things about him
1.  He is one of my oldest friends.  We met somewhere around 1st grade.  His mom was our recess duty.
2.  He is a great dad
3.  He is very funny and just a bit sarcastic
4.  He has a cool job and gets to travel to Japan for 5 months
5.  He married his high school sweetheart Sarah and they have been married for 10 years

Whew!  I think I am all caught up.  Don't forget to tell the people in your life that you are glad they are there!  Life is pretty lonely without friends and family in it. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment