22 August 2010

Nice and Comfy!

I always do my long runs on Saturdays- it is just the easiest day because I usually don't work and the hubby is home to hang out with the kids so I can go run outside.  He is awesome like that.  However, I ended up working an opening shift yesterday which means I had to wake up at 4:30am!  I was a tired girl by the time I got home, but I skipped my long run last weekend so I knew there was no way out of my 12 miler scheduled for this weekend.  It HAD to happen!

What I really wanted to do was curl up on my nice comfy couch and watch a movie.  That sounded like heaven- I was losing my desire to gear up and head out the door.  So I compromised with myself.  I would watch a movie WHILE I ran 12 miles.  And that is exactly what I did.  I watched Remember Me and ran 12 miles on my treadmill.  If there exists such a thing as a "comfortable" way of running for 2 hours I think I achieved that.  I didn't have to gear up, worry about carrying water or deciding which way to go.  All I had to do was put one foot in front of the other.  As quickly as I could.  And for 12 miles.  Piece of cake!

It was definitely interesting.  I learned a couple of things about my treadmill- for instance it just assumes that at 90 minutes the fool running on it must be done and stops itself.  That is a strange sensation, kind of like you are suddenly propelled into the air.  I watched the calorie counter go all the way up and start back to zero.  Twice.  It was nice to be able to select my pace and see if I could maintain it over the whole distance.  Which kind of worked.  All in all, it turned out to be a decent run.  Much better than not doing one at all!!!  

And I have officially passed the 400 mile mark.  Me.  The girl who 7 months ago would say she hated running and was not a runner.  I have ran 400 miles in 7 months -I have become a runner!  That is something to be proud of.   

Total Distance:  12.72 (really more like 12 actual miles) 
Total Time:  1:56:07
Total Nutella earned- nearly an entire cup.  1,434 calories worth.  I don't think I had any yesterday, however I had some this morning.  And this afternoon.  mmmmm...chocolate and nuts and sugar.  Just the way good crack should be.  Haha!

I will leave you with a recording of one of my favorite songs to listen to right now.  I don't know what it is really, I just love Sheryl Crow's voice and the song is so heartfelt and honest. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment