17 August 2010

Will Run for Nutella

I had a moment of weakness last weekend and bought some Nutella.  From Costco.  So in my kitchen there are 8,000 calories of deliciousness just waiting to be consumed.  Why didn't anyone warn me that stuff is like crack?  It tastes good on pretty much anything.  Or by itself off of a spoon.  Today I had it on a sandwich.  I actually ate a sandwich with nothing in it except for 2 yummy tablespoons (200 calories!!!) of Nutella.  And washed it down with a glass of milk.  Somebody save me!!! 

I am not sure why I do this to myself.  I will buy a huge bag of M&M's then put them in the cupboard like I can pretend they don't exist.  But I know they are there, in all their crunchy, chocolaty goodness.  And then I eat way too many of them.  I have a lot of willpower, but not when it comes to chocolate.  And yet, what do I do?  Buy warehouse quantities of these things and try to hide them from myself.  Even though I already know the outcome.  I will still eat the chocolate.  Every time.  Sigh. 

Yesterday I took the kids to 5 Mile Lake Park in Federal Way.  I try to get there at least once each summer to swim and hang out in the sun.  I have fond memories of that lake- we used to go there all the time in high school.  It was the perfect day- the weather was warm but not too hot and it wasn't overly crowded.  We stayed for most of the day just swimming and relaxing.  Somehow we avoided sunburns and there weren't any major meltdowns.  Just an awesome day soaking up summertime.


The kids had a blast in the water
Hanging out at the lake
I ran this morning (had to earn my Nutella!) and it was NOT an easy run.  It was about 80 degrees in my treadmill room and I just wasn't really in the right frame of mind.  I weighed myself before and after the run just to see how much I would lose.  About 18 ounces.  Of sweat.  GROSS!!! 

Total distance-  7.5 miles  Total time- 1:10:48
Measured in terms of Nutella- 8 1/2 Tablespoons  **no, I did not eat that much.  not today anyways**









No comments:

Post a Comment